Old 17-07-2004, 05:02 PM
Jim Carlock

Default Hungarian Wax Pepper Color

Is a Hungarian wax banana pepper hotter when red or
yellow ?

--
Jim Carlock
http://www.911forthetruth.com/

Old 20-07-2004, 11:03 AM
rosemarie face

they are hottest when they are red

rosie z5

Old 21-07-2004, 05:02 AM
David Fisher

One more question... I'm new at this... If I want to replant
these, what do I have to do with the seeds to make them
useable/reuseable ?

I usually dry out the seeds in an airing/laundry cupboard for a day or two,
and then store somewhere dark and cool until time comes to propagate the
following year.

BTW If you handle them without gloves, be sure to wash your hands in milk or
oil (the active ingredient - capsaicin - is soluable in oil), as washing
them in water just spreads it. The same goes for getting some in your eyes:
just rinse out with milk.

Old 22-07-2004, 09:38 PM
Susan Wehe

Another solution to capasaicin on the hands or in the eyes is to wash
with baby shampoo, rinsing with water which in this case not only
doesn't cause tears but will stop them!

susan, who's been gone awhile

Old 22-07-2004, 10:02 PM
Susan Wehe

David Fisher wrote:
One more question... I'm new at this... If I want to replant
these, what do I have to do with the seeds to make them
useable/reuseable ?

I usually dry out the seeds in an airing/laundry cupboard for a day or two,
and then store somewhere dark and cool until time comes to propagate the
following year.

BTW If you handle them without gloves, be sure to wash your hands in milk or
oil (the active ingredient - capsaicin - is soluable in oil), as washing
them in water just spreads it. The same goes for getting some in your eyes:
just rinse out with milk.

Pepper Pepper who's got the Pepper? Dan L. Gardening 2 04-04-2007 07:32 PM
Hot Pepper Wax spray - first impressions Ignoramus7096 Edible Gardening 0 14-06-2006 07:01 PM
Hungarian Poppies kate Gardening 2 22-03-2006 02:39 PM
Hungarian Wax versus Hungarian Hot Ken Anderson Edible Gardening 3 06-07-2005 03:53 AM
Hungarian Wax Pepper Color Jim Carlock Edible Gardening 4 16-07-2004 02:06 PM