Old 25-07-2004, 10:58 PM
Registered User

Default New veg grower to be

Hi there,

I should be moving into my new house in the next few weeks. It already has a small vegetable patch and I would like to carry on with this. Has any one got any ideas or tips? I really don't have any idea on growing veg. I have bought a little book with dates of when to seed, etc. Any help would be great.

Sparkly girl.
Old 26-07-2004, 01:02 AM
Blues Ma

sparklygirl wrote:

Hi there,

I should be moving into my new house in the next few weeks.* It already
has a small vegetable patch and I would like to carry on with this.* Has
any one got any ideas or tips?* I really don't have any idea on growing
veg.* I have bought a little book with dates of when to seed, etc.* Any
help would be great.

Sparkly girl.

Where do you do this sparkling ?
What's your zone ?
What you can successfully grow will depend on the climate, soil and
rainfall.
*
*
*
*

Old 26-07-2004, 06:33 PM
Registered User

North west of UK.

Hope this helps.
Old 27-07-2004, 05:35 AM
simy1

sparklygirl wrote in message . ..
Hi there,

I should be moving into my new house in the next few weeks. It already
has a small vegetable patch and I would like to carry on with this. Has
any one got any ideas or tips? I really don't have any idea on growing
veg. I have bought a little book with dates of when to seed, etc. Any
help would be great.

Sparkly girl.

at this point in the Uk you can plant a number of relatively quick
cool season crops. To keep things simple, add some manure, at least
one inch, and plant lettuce and broccoli. these will get ready for
september-october and are fairly easy in your climate. you could try a
number of also easy to grow salad greens, such as arugula, mustard,
broccoli rabe, and possibly some beets. next year you will be able to
go with longer season veggies. make sure you add a lot of compost or
manure to the plot during the winter, and of course, water.

Dahlia grower new to group -- is this moderated? Allow promotions? dahlias-organic Gardening 8 10-05-2010 04:43 PM
please recommend a easy growing big flower rose for an anxious new grower Frank Roses 4 19-05-2004 06:09 PM
grower in mission viejo calif. area??? RABarrer Orchids 3 04-03-2003 05:27 AM
new grower Darlene Roses 5 04-02-2003 03:53 AM
Shiva - AZ new grower Darlene Roses 1 29-01-2003 03:34 PM