GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   tomato question ( taste) (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/81336-tomato-question-re-taste.html)

Regalite2 09-08-2004 04:31 AM

Have been growing tomatoes for a good number of years- first time encountering
this situation.

A particular strain, which I will describe as a large cherry variety, size of a
cherry pepper- approx.35- 40mm diameter. Has a pronounced "aftertaste" which
hints of onion or garlic? Quite redolant not entirely pleasing. Also, tastes
awful when eaten l warm off the vine. Rather, needs to be refirigerated for
some reason... Hybrid ? Weird GM thing goin on ?

Your comments are eagerly anticipated.

rdr