Old 11-08-2004, 02:01 AM
faye

Default Siam Queen Basil

Has anyone grown this type of basil? I love the smell of this, and at
first I thought it was the thai basil, but then it really smells and
taste like the basil when you go get Pho (vietnamese noodle soup!).
Yum yum.

My question is, is this a vigorous growing plant? I love cilantro
too, but I don't like it when it bolts and there goes my plant. (by
the way, can i leave the flowers there and hoping the seed will drop
back into the container?)

Is it the same with cilantro where I have to prevent it from
flowering? the tip of my plant is now purple, i'm not sure if the
leaves are suppose to be like that or it's trying to flower on me
again?!! I want to have continuous supply of this yummy basil. Please
advise!

Siam Jade K Barrett Orchid Photos 2 27-08-2007 09:16 PM
Epc. Siam Jade - fully open Wendy7 Orchid Photos 0 07-03-2007 04:27 AM
Epc. Siam Jade ' not fully open. . . . Wendy7 Orchid Photos 0 01-03-2007 11:55 PM
Letting Basil Go To Seed (was: Keeping Basil) Daniel B. Martin North Carolina 1 13-11-2003 01:14 PM
King of Siam Tropical water lily - Where to buy? EJ Ponds 1 14-06-2003 08:20 AM