Old 15-08-2004, 03:59 AM
David Efflandt

Default Snap pea fall planting?

I finally have a home and am new to gardening. I broke up the soil along
a chainlink fence and planted snap peas this spring. Other than watering
them a few times when first planted and tying them back up after they lost
their grip during storms, they have been easy, and tasty with vegetable
dip.

The plants have now yellowed (would watering help or would the heat get to
them anyway?). So I collected and dried a bunch of the mature peas. Is
that all I need to do to get seeds for a new crop of the same peas?

I heard snap peas could be planted for a fall crop. When is the best time
to do that in northern Illinois, early September?

What would cause really fibrous pea pors and snap peas? Bob F Edible Gardening 3 11-08-2011 12:52 PM
Pea or not a pea Marq United Kingdom 2 26-03-2010 11:24 AM
Cold Snap for the UK Andrew Bond United Kingdom 36 22-10-2003 04:12 PM
snap peas producing shorter pods...end of plant? DigitalVinyl Edible Gardening 0 13-07-2003 05:44 PM
snap pea seed poking out of the dirt?? DigitalVinyl Edible Gardening 10 17-05-2003 09:56 PM