GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   pumpkin vines dying (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/81967-pumpkin-vines-dying.html)

Meagan M Eller 12-08-2004 02:20 PM

pumpkin vines dying

My pumpkin vines have started dying in the last week or so. I had a tiny
pumpkin about the size of a golf ball, but that is now black. I've never
grown pumpkins before and wondered if anyone knew what may be the reason
for this.

I'm in southern Indiana, and we have been experiencing unseasonably cooler
weather lately. Could it be due to the cooler temperatures? Or too little
or too much water? I have noticed beetles on the plants, which I have been
trying to pick off - could they be killing it?

Thanks for any ideas.

Meagan