Old 17-08-2004, 03:57 AM
The Watcher

Default Garden Status Report

This year has been a great year for some crops. Not as good for others. The
cucumbers have been thriving. We haven't had our annual dry spell yet, and with
the nice well-distributed water our cucumbers have been producing enough to keep
us provided with enough for salads and to make pickles since the spring. The
tomatoes have just begun to slow down a bit, but it hasn't gotten too hot this
year, so the weather's been nice and mild.
The fruit trees seem to enjoy the even moisture too. The pears are thriving,
along with the apples. The peaches didn't do so well this year, mainly because
of the june beetles. Overall, it's been a pretty good year for the plants in the
Ozarks.