GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Re(2): Tomato varieties. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/82162-re-2-tomato-varieties.html)

Glenna Rose 22-08-2004 07:03 AM

Re(2): Tomato varieties.

ed writes:

Hehe. Maybe I could have termed it differently. When the veggies are
ripe, I
take them to work pretty much every day to have with my lunch.

A couple of my 1884's are starting to turn. The flavor of those is
absolutely incredible. Can't wait.

I like to see the looks I get when I slice up a 1 pound-plus tomato
durning
lunch at work!

Isn't it grand?!!!

It's cool to take *one* tomato to a friend and have them astounded by the
size of it. This year, I have gotten several Brandywines from the bushes
whereas most years I am lucky to have more than two or three per plant.
They and the Black Krims must surely be tomatoes straight from heaven!

I have tabouli base in the fridge and will be adding the tomatoes and
other veggies in the morning for a great summer treat. Of course, tabouli
is one of those things one loves or detests, no in-between on that one.

Glenna

EV 22-08-2004 10:37 AM

Glenna Rose wrote:

[]
It's cool to take *one* tomato to a friend and have them astounded by the
size of it. This year, I have gotten several Brandywines from the bushes
whereas most years I am lucky to have more than two or three per plant.

Wow! I counted 14 tomatoes on my one Brandywine .. and they're all huge! One
is even starting to ripen. I am sooooo looking forward to it. I've never
tasted a Brandwine before, but everyone says they're great.

They and the Black Krims must surely be tomatoes straight from heaven!

I have tabouli base in the fridge and will be adding the tomatoes and
other veggies in the morning for a great summer treat.

Sounds good. :-)

EV