GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hail...!!! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/82338-hail.html)

Tom Hooper 18-08-2004 09:30 AM

Hail...!!!

Three minute of hail destroyed a season of growing. Peppers are bruised,
tomatoes knocked down and leaves shredded. The wind blew several plants off
the deck so I've got lots of broken posts.
And I was so looking forward to sharing a huge crop report. Anyway I got
alot of red and yellow peppers and a feast of cherry tomatoes and the asian
eggplants were prolific. But it's still August and I was expecting another
six to eight weeks of crops.
Am I the only one in VA that got wiped out?
TWH