GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Chamoile Leaves (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/82384-chamoile-leaves.html)

Eddyoy37 25-08-2004 11:47 AM

Chamoile Leaves

I grew a few boxes of chamoille (for tea) (sorry for spelling). Can
anyone tell me the best way to use it. Do you just pick the leaves and
put them in a tea strainer? Do I put the whole stem in as it seems to
be be one long plant.
Anyone dry them?

Thanks in advance..

Henriette Kress 25-08-2004 12:44 PM

(Eddyoy37) wrote:

I grew a few boxes of chamoille (for tea) (sorry for spelling). Can
anyone tell me the best way to use it. Do you just pick the leaves and
put them in a tea strainer? Do I put the whole stem in as it seems to
be be one long plant.

Usually you pick chamomile flowers, but the leaf has taste, too, even if not
as much.

Anyone dry them?

Yes. Best done spread on a piece of cloth spread on a layer of newspapers, as
the yellow parts of the flowers are strongest, and they tend to disappear if
the plant is dried in bundles hanging upside-down.

Henriette

--
Henriette Kress, AHG Helsinki, Finland
Henriette's herbal homepage:

Katra 25-08-2004 05:11 PM

In article ,
(Eddyoy37) wrote:

I grew a few boxes of chamoille (for tea) (sorry for spelling). Can
anyone tell me the best way to use it. Do you just pick the leaves and
put them in a tea strainer? Do I put the whole stem in as it seems to
be be one long plant.
Anyone dry them?

Thanks in advance..

You use the flowers. :-)
Pick and dry them, and store in an air tight jar.

K.

--
Sprout the Mung Bean to reply...

Denise Bachman 03-09-2004 05:45 AM

Chamomile, presumably - you pick the little daisylike FLOWERS and dry them
and that is what is used for the tea, which is steeped by pouring boiling
water over them and leaving for five minutes, then strain and drink.

m...