Old 28-08-2004, 10:20 PM
Gary Woods

"Ken Anderson" wrote:

Holy smokes! I just found out all these posts also go to gardening-forum.com.
What's up with that?

It's a web interface to the newsgroup, according to the opening page.
They _do_ say where the material comes from.

In fact, you can't post from their web site, and they tell you how to get
usenet access. Looks like a plus to me...

Old 28-08-2004, 11:52 PM
Stan Goodman

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 20:11:22 UTC, "Ken Anderson"
opined:

Holy smokes! I just found out all these posts also go to gardening-forum.com.
What's up with that?

Crossposting involves the use of two Usenet newsgroups. Gardening -form.com
has to be a website, not a newsgroup. The website copies the newsgrouip.
What could be simpler?

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on

Saddam is gone. Ceterum, censeo Arafat esse delendam.

Old 29-08-2004, 02:31 AM
Penelope Periwinkle

On Sat, 28 Aug 2004 20:20:11 GMT, Gary Woods
wrote:

"Ken Anderson" wrote:

Holy smokes! I just found out all these posts also go to gardening-forum.com.
What's up with that?

It's a web interface to the newsgroup, according to the opening page.
They _do_ say where the material comes from.

In fact, you can't post from their web site, and they tell you how to get
usenet access. Looks like a plus to me...

Really? Cause I'm getting spam from gardening-forum.com.

I don't consider that a plus.

Penelope

"ElissaAnn"
Old 29-08-2004, 02:42 AM
Gary Woods

Penelope Periwinkle wrote:

Really? Cause I'm getting spam from gardening-forum.com.

Complain to their upstream provider. I haven't gotten any, but then I'm
not in the U.K, and as we all know, spammers carefully target their
mailings. Which doubtless explains all the emails I get in Asian character
sets.

Sun and humidity both down, after a nice thumpest went through. Finally
comfortable in the Colonies tonight.

Peace,

Old 29-08-2004, 04:37 PM
Ken Anderson

Default Auto cross-post

wrote:

"Ken Anderson" wrote:

Holy smokes! I just found out all these posts also go to

gardening-forum.com.
What's up with that?

It's a web interface to the newsgroup, according to the opening page.
They _do_ say where the material comes from.

In fact, you can't post from their web site, and they tell you how to get
usenet access. Looks like a plus to me...

Really? Cause I'm getting spam from gardening-forum.com.

I don't consider that a plus.

Penelope

Bravo, Penelope. That's how it was brought to my attention. And that crap
spreads!
Ken

Old 29-08-2004, 05:47 PM
Penelope Periwinkle

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 00:42:01 GMT, Gary Woods
wrote:

Penelope Periwinkle wrote:

Really? Cause I'm getting spam from gardening-forum.com.

Complain to their upstream provider. I haven't gotten any, but then I'm
not in the U.K,

Neither am I, but the smap I'm getting has a gardening-forums.com
stamp.

Penelope
"ElissaAnn"
Old 29-08-2004, 07:12 PM
Stan Goodman

On Sun, 29 Aug 2004 15:47:35 UTC, Penelope Periwinkle
opined:

wrote:

Penelope Periwinkle wrote:

Really? Cause I'm getting spam from gardening-forum.com.

Complain to their upstream provider. I haven't gotten any, but then I'm
not in the U.K,

Neither am I, but the smap I'm getting has a gardening-forums.com
stamp.

Sounds like it's easy enough to filter out then. And in general, there are
tools around these days that can reduce your spam/junk load to a very low
and tolerable level.

Cross Posting on Auto jtill Orchids 5 06-06-2006 11:21 PM
Eco-Complete Review? (cross Post fm rec.freswater.misc) Jim Conklin Freshwater Aquaria Plants 3 22-02-2006 05:10 PM
Excuse the cross post, BUT... rtk Ponds 10 04-11-2005 08:27 AM
how not to cross post on google kathy Ponds 2 05-05-2005 05:01 AM
Excuse the cross post, BUT... rtk Ponds 0 20-03-2004 05:00 PM