Old 04-09-2004, 06:08 PM
bregent

Default Meyer Lemon dropping leaves

I have a Meyer lemon in a pot that has been dropping a lot of leaves all of a
sudden. The leaves are slightly curled, but otherwise look healthy; dark green,
no insects. It's getting adequate water, sun and food as far as I can tell. I
have a lime and mandarin right next to it that are not having any problems. Any
ideas? Thanks

Old 05-09-2004, 02:15 AM
Boron Elgar

On 4 Sep 2004 10:08:15 -0700, bregent
wrote:

I have a Meyer lemon in a pot that has been dropping a lot of leaves all of a
sudden. The leaves are slightly curled, but otherwise look healthy; dark green,
no insects. It's getting adequate water, sun and food as far as I can tell. I
have a lime and mandarin right next to it that are not having any problems. Any
ideas? Thanks

They can get downright finicky about water. Sometimes being a bit too
dry makes them drop leaves. Sometimes, I swear, they do it for fun
just to torture their grower. Make sure there are no weeds growing in
the pot, that might be using needed moisture.

Do check under any curled leaves and look along the ribs to make sure
nothing has been nibbling at them. Scale is a common pest in these
trees & that can make the leaves curl & drop.

Boron

Old 05-09-2004, 12:41 PM
andr0meda

I can relate,
My Myer is in ground two months now. I am in Australia - it is early Spring
here.
Leaves are yellowing and falling off too much, but the plant flowered all a
once and now tries to fruit. I do hope it will start growing more leaves
after this frenzy. Sounds like a very fussy 'damsel', huh?
Andr0

Old 08-09-2004, 03:43 AM
David Hare-Scott

"bregent" wrote in message
: I have a Meyer lemon in a pot that has been dropping a lot of leaves all
of a
: sudden. The leaves are slightly curled, but otherwise look healthy; dark
green,
: no insects. It's getting adequate water, sun and food as far as I can
tell. I
: have a lime and mandarin right next to it that are not having any
problems. Any
: ideas? Thanks
:

Have you fertilised it lately? Excess fertiliser can cause leave drop in
citrus trees.

David

Old 08-09-2004, 06:47 PM
bregent

In article , David Hare-Scott
says...

"bregent" wrote in message
: I have a Meyer lemon in a pot that has been dropping a lot of leaves all
of a
: sudden. The leaves are slightly curled, but otherwise look healthy; dark
green,
: no insects. It's getting adequate water, sun and food as far as I can
tell. I
: have a lime and mandarin right next to it that are not having any
problems. Any
: ideas? Thanks
:

Have you fertilised it lately? Excess fertiliser can cause leave drop in
citrus trees.

Nope. But I re-evaluated the moisture and think it may have gotten too dry as a
result of a recent heat wave here in the Bay Area. It seems to be doing better
now.