Old 10-09-2004, 11:31 PM
Tom Cavanagh

Default Wilt on my tomato plants.

I have had the problem for three seasons now and I fear that my soil is
permanently diseased. Last year I used a spray that helped marginally. But
this spring was so wet that I couldn't maintain spray retention on the
plants. Anyone ever had this problem and effected a permanent cure? A soil
treatment seems the direction to go as foliage spray isn't getting it done.

TIA
Tom Cavanagh

Old 11-09-2004, 12:21 AM
Blues Ma

Tom Cavanagh wrote:

I have had the problem for three seasons now and I fear that my soil is
permanently diseased.* Last year I used a spray that helped marginally.* But
this spring was so wet that I couldn't maintain spray retention on the
plants.* Anyone ever had this problem and effected a permanent cure?* A soil
treatment seems the direction to go as foliage spray isn't getting it done.

TIA
Tom Cavanagh

I planted only container tomatoes for two seasons.
Once returning to garden planting the problem had disappeared.
Did this on advice from a really old gardener.
*
*
*
*

Old 12-09-2004, 04:33 PM
simy1

"Tom Cavanagh" wrote in message ...
I have had the problem for three seasons now and I fear that my soil is
permanently diseased. Last year I used a spray that helped marginally. But
this spring was so wet that I couldn't maintain spray retention on the
plants. Anyone ever had this problem and effected a permanent cure? A soil
treatment seems the direction to go as foliage spray isn't getting it done.

TIA
Tom Cavanagh

classic crop rotation case. would you consider planting them in the
frontyard for a couple years. you can still plant the other veggies in
back.

Wilt on my tomato plants. Tom Cavanagh Edible Gardening 0 10-09-2004 11:31 PM
tomato wilt gritz Edible Gardening 12 01-07-2004 07:02 PM
TOMATO WILT! gritz Plant Science 1 13-06-2003 04:44 PM
tomato plant wilt Sean Gardening 6 12-05-2003 04:44 AM
Tomato wilt/virus??? Ian Mitchell Australia 0 05-04-2003 07:33 AM