Old 14-09-2004, 11:07 PM
Bill

"Ignoramus13229" wrote in message
In article , Pat Kiewicz wrote:
Bill said:

"Ignoramus2437" wrote in message
I am on a low carb high fat "paleo diet". In the front yard, we have a
concrete retaining wall that is a boundary of our land. Beyond the
retaining wall, 3 feet lower, is a public sidewalk. I rented a monster
tiller recently, and tilled a 24" strip of land immediately adjacent
to the retaining wall. (did a lot of other tilling to plant a lawn
elsewhere).

My desire is to plant some pretty, high fat, low carb, edible plants
that are not grains.

The problem is the fat profile of modern domestic animals vs. the
wild animals our ancestors ate. Fat from domestic animals is high
in saturated acids. Fat from wild animals has plenty monosaturated
fats and is high in omega-3 fatty acids. The closest we could come
these days to a real 'paleo diet'

You seem like a pretty reasonable fellow, you do realize that our ancestors
were in poorer health than we are today.

Their diet sustained them through about 45 years then they died by accident,
disease or war.

These days, we need a diet that will sustain us into the late 70's early
80's years of life.

Any extreme is not good, balance is the key.

Bill

Old 14-09-2004, 11:11 PM
Bill

"marengo" wrote in message
Bill, do you realize how hysterically funny your post is?!

Bill wrote:

| a.. Such diets may produce short-term weight loss through
| dehydration.

In a way I feel sorry for you, because you are so misinformed and stupid
enough to promote the tired old Lies that no one listens to any more.
Maybe
you could switch careers and find some nice snake oil to sell?

Don't feel sorry for me, you are the dumbass, trying to make valid research
seem like a joke, because you fell for the scam.

I did look at your pictures, the weight loose is awesome, but you can do
that on a balanced diet without putting your health at risk.

BTW who is that cow behind you in the first picture? LOL

Bill

Old 14-09-2004, 11:11 PM
Bill

Old 14-09-2004, 11:18 PM
Bill

"Roger Zoul" wrote in message
FDR wrote:
|| "marengo" wrote in message
||| Bill, do you realize how hysterically funny your post is?!
||| Geez, I've lost 55 pounds of water so far! LMAO!
||| b.. Weight loss may also occur through caloric
||| Yup, bacon,eggs, cheese, steaks, and vegetables are so much more
||| unpalatable
|| Yeah, but geez, how much bacon and eggs and steak can you eat? At
|| least throw some fish and chicken in there. I have red meat once a
|| week and that's plenty fine.

I rarely eat bacon and steak and certainly eat less red meat than you and
I've been LCing for 3 years.

||| that dry toast and rice cakes!
||| *wiping eyes* Stop! My sides hurt too much from laughing!
|| Funny, but there are plenty of people from around the world that eat
|| diets high in carbohydrates that are not fat and have high life
|| expectancies. It's not the carbs killing you, it's the amount of
|| calories you eat. Eat less and you lose weight. Simple equation.

That is exactly what LC allows most people to do, eat less and lose
weight.
Many people who eat diets high in carbs have BG swings that stimulate
appetite. Many of those people are very overweight and will stay that way
if the continue on a high carb diet.

I see that reading comprehension is not one of your strong points.

Binge on donuts, cake, sweets and saturated fats, you get fat and die early.

Eat a balanced diet rich in carbohydrates, and good fats, live well.

Simple equations are all that folks with simple minds can handle. The
real
world is often not so simple.

And you prove your point, as you are simple and fell for a fad diet that
will kill you, no old age for you.

Bill

Old 14-09-2004, 11:18 PM
Bill

Old 14-09-2004, 11:18 PM
Bill

Old 14-09-2004, 11:19 PM
Bill

"Jennifer S." wrote in message
om...
Blah,Blah,Blah,
You don't get it at all. It is the release of insulin that makes us fat.
If
the insulin release is not there or controlled by a low carb diet then you
will not store the fat you take in.
Simple as that..
Jennifer S.
206/159/135

Jennifer, I would guess that you failed 3rd grade health class!

Bill

Old 14-09-2004, 11:26 PM
Bill

"DigitalVinyl" wrote in message
Bill you're clueless. You know nothing about Low-carb diets. You just
said theat every doctor in the united states advises every diabetic to
use a scam of a diet. Diabetics are low-carbers. Low carbing is the
control of insulin.

Yeah, how did they get to be diabetic in the first place?

I'm talking about "healthy" people, once the horse is out of the barn, it's
too late!

I realized that some diabetes is caused by malfunctioning of the pancreas,
whereas type II diabetes is caused by eating unhealthy and being fat at an
early age.

Bill

Old 15-09-2004, 12:15 AM
Luna

In article ,
"Bill" wrote:

Any extreme is not good, balance is the key.

Bill

The amount of carbohydrates consumed by the average American is extreme.
What's not balanced about a serving of meat, a salad, and a side of
broccoli or spinach? Why do I need mashed potatoes or french fries with
it?

--
Michelle Levin
http://www.mindspring.com/~lunachick

I have only 3 flaws. My first flaw is thinking that I only have 3 flaws.