Old 15-09-2004, 05:01 AM
marengo

Bill wrote:
| "DigitalVinyl" wrote in message
|| Bill you're clueless. You know nothing about Low-carb diets. You just
|| said theat every doctor in the united states advises every diabetic
|| to use a scam of a diet. Diabetics are low-carbers. Low carbing is
|| the control of insulin.
|
| Yeah, how did they get to be diabetic in the first place?
|
| I'm talking about "healthy" people, once the horse is out of the
| barn, it's too late!
|
| I realized that some diabetes is caused by malfunctioning of the
| pancreas, whereas type II diabetes is caused by eating unhealthy and
| being fat at an early age.
|
| Bill

You're embarrassing yourself with your complete lack of knowledge of the
subject. You're trying to tell low-carb dieters about low carb whent hey
are expeienced and you are not, and you're trying to tell diabetics about a
disease that they live with and have first-hand knowledge managing. That
makes you not very intelligent.

Geez, on the troll scale of 1 to 10, you're only about a "2!" (You fall into
the "mildly annoying but harmlessly ignorant" category.

Try googling "Frugal." Now there's 10; Frugie knew how to troll ASDLC!

--
Peter
Before/Current Pix:

Old 15-09-2004, 05:01 AM
marengo

Old 15-09-2004, 05:01 AM
marengo

Old 15-09-2004, 08:31 AM
J. David Anderson

Bill wrote:

I am bored, so I will waste a little time playing with the trolls.

Hi Dave:

A fool you are! LOL

Yep. You like my funny hat and pointy slippers? Colourful aren't they?

I have no problem with you believing in a high fat, low carb diet, I find
the planet overpopulated with fatso's anyway.

Whatever gives you the idea that I believe in a high fat diet?

Far from it. My diet has no superfluous carbs, low saturated & trans
fats and is biased toward protein. I exercise for a minimum of an hour
and a half every day, hydrate very well and do not expect any problems
from the high protein. I eat large quantities of vegetables, fruit and
nuts, cook with healthy oils, eat fish several times a week and eat only
fully trimmed, lean meats in small portions. I have a BMI under nineteen
and less than ten percent body fat. I weigh better than 45 lbs less than
I did in June, all without any damage to my health or any likelihood
that I will have any difficulty maintaining this weight.

You are jumping to unwarranted conclusions with your sweeping
generalisations. Not all people who reduce carbs in their diet are
involved in Atkin's Ketonic Kapers; some approach it it in a sensible
fashion. This newsgroup is alt.support.diet.low-carb, and although there
may well be a number of Atkins supporters posting here, they are just a
part of the crowd, not the core of the group. Even among Atkin's
followers, there are many with a sensible and healthy approach to low
carb, not all are on permanent induction.

I maintained a steady and healthy body weight for more than twenty years
on a relatively high carb diet because I exercised, swam, rode, ran,
kayaked etc., every day. There is no health without exercise, there are
no free rides. I have never met an obese person who had a regular
exercise routine. Diet has little to do with their core problems.
Motivation is the biggest single problem, along with lack of emotional
security/support. The oft touted "fat and truly happy" person is someone
I have yet to meet.

Strangely, exercise is one of the best anti-depressants existing, a pity
more people don't try it.

The nutrition committee of the American Heart Association has issued a
science advisory warning that high-protein diets have not been proven
effective and pose health risks.

Not being proved effective is not the same as being proved ineffective
or dangerous. Sedentary people who derive most of their calories from
protein do often have problems, particularly if they fail to hydrate
sufficiently. Those who are athletic and who bias toward protein do not
have any problems as long as they do not lift protein intake to
excessive levels, ala body-builders.

The report covered the Atkins, Zone,
Protein Power, Sugar Busters, and Stillman diets. The committee stated:

a.. Such diets may produce short-term weight loss through dehydration.
b.. Weight loss may also occur through caloric restriction resulting from
the fact that the diets are relatively unpalatable.

The only advantage of extreme low carb (Atkin's induction - ketosis) is
suppression of appetite. All effective diets work by calorie restriction
- there is no other way. I believe Atkin's induction to be damaging and
unnecessary. The same effects can be achieved by limiting none essential
(no nutritional value) carbs from the diet, capping calories, and
raising BMR by building muscle with exercise.

I have been involved with health & fitness for most of my adult life. My
renewed interest in these groups, particularly Low Carb, is due my
contracting medically induced type 2 diabetes. I was on long term
Prednisone. I doubt very much that anyone is likely to find a better
diet and fitness regimen than the one I am currently on.

You certainly wouldn't be able to, you don't seem to be able to
differentiate between low carb eating, something that is healthy, and
the body damaging extreme carb-starvation type diets. You also need to
differentiate between people losing initial weight, those who are simply
maintaining a healthy weight with healthy eating practices, and
diabetics who need to restrict calories to control blood glucose levels.
All have different needs, reasons, and methods.

Why don't you go and annoy the Atkin's groups? Many of them have
aggression to spare and could use someone like you to vent on.

Regards

David

--

To reply, please include the letters DNF anywhere in the subject line.

All other mail is automatically deleted.

Old 15-09-2004, 08:41 AM
J. David Anderson

Bill wrote:

I did look at your pictures, the weight loose is awesome, but you can do
that on a balanced diet without putting your health at risk.

BTW who is that cow behind you in the first picture? LOL

Bill

Bill, you are an obnoxious little piece of snot.

I am sorry that I responded to you in a civil manner in my last post,
however as I am a strong believer in karma, I will take comfort in that
probability. When you are diagnosed diabetic and come looking for
support I hope that people remember you. You don't have to be overweight
to become diabetic, something that you don't seem to know, but will one
day learn; hopefully the hard way.

David

Old 15-09-2004, 11:27 AM
Pat Kiewicz

simy1 said:

(Pat Kiewicz) wrote in message

ast.com...

The problem is the fat profile of modern domestic animals vs. the wild animals
our ancestors ate. Fat from domestic animals is high in saturated acids. Fat from
wild animals has plenty monosaturated fats and is high in omega-3 fatty acids.

actually, free-ranging cattle (organic) has substantial amounts of
omega-3. and is of course leaner (and tougher). evidently stress, and
grains, play a role in how a beast puts up its fat.

Limited availability...and very pricey. But definitely better fat profile.

(attributed to Don Marti)

Old 15-09-2004, 11:27 AM
Pat Kiewicz

Ignoramus13229 said:

In article , Pat Kiewicz wrote:

Side comment #2:

I have kind of a problem with the whole low-carb thing. Limiting
high-glycemic foods is sensible. Avoiding highly processed foods is
sensible. Eating a lot of meat from grain-fed, confined animals and
the wrong sorts of fats isn't. Someone close to me went on the
original Atkins diet. He developed kidney stones and ended up not
so much later with inoperable cancer. Soured me on the concept.

Scary stuff! My only question about this inoperable cancer, it usually
takes years for cancer to appear and develop. Are you sure that he did
not have cancer before?

Cutting out most fruits and many vegetables (which he did) because they
contained cabohydrates -- foods that are loaded with beneficial phytochemicals --
foods that are associated with lower rates of cancer -- and eating loads of
supermarket beef certainly didn't help.

(attributed to Don Marti)

Old 15-09-2004, 04:29 PM
simy1

"Roger Zoul" wrote in message ...
||| I was thinking olive, but that might not work in zone 5.
|| so you are calling Pat a simpleton, and then you suggest olives for
|| Zone 5? with this kind of advice, the guy will go on a starvation
|| diet
|| for sure.

Perhaps you can't read...

how about zone 7. will olives work in zone 7, mr complexon? that's two
whopping zones higher than zone 5.