Old 07-09-2004, 08:24 PM
arco

Default Strange beans?

This is my first year planting a vegetable garden and I am woefully
uninformed. I have planted beans (sorry I don't have the specific
kind) and they are just sprouting. I pick them and crack them open,
but there is a white spongy material inside the bean pod, around the
beans themselves.

Can anyone tell me what this is, if needs to be fixed and if so, how
to fix it?
Thanks
Old 15-09-2004, 05:03 PM
EvelynMcH

have planted beans (sorry I don't have the specific
kind) and they are just sprouting. I pick them and crack them open,
but there is a white spongy material inside the bean pod, around the
beans themselves.

Without knowing what kind of bean you planted, the best guess would be that you
are picking them before they are mature. Many varieties of beans have material
in the pod along with the bean that shrinks and disappears when the pod matures
and dries. Unless it looks like a fungus, it's probably supposed to be in
there!

-=epm=-

In matters of truth and justice,
there is no difference between large and small problems,
for issues concerning the treatment of people are all the same.
- Albert Einstein