Old 02-10-2004, 01:18 PM
Dave

Default Greenhouse heating -- heated table top?

I'm pondering what I might do to more efficiently heat my small
greenhouse to a minimal extent (40F). With the increase in the price
of natural gas I wonder if electric would be about the same? I also
want to consider assembling a table with a clear plastic cover to
contain the heat to a smaller area. Perhaps I could create a heated
table top? That would be useful next Spring. I suppose resistance wire
in a thin bed of sand?

Dave
Old 02-10-2004, 03:00 PM
Ray Drouillard

"Dave" wrote in message
om...
I'm pondering what I might do to more efficiently heat my small
greenhouse to a minimal extent (40F). With the increase in the price
of natural gas I wonder if electric would be about the same? I also
want to consider assembling a table with a clear plastic cover to
contain the heat to a smaller area. Perhaps I could create a heated
table top? That would be useful next Spring. I suppose resistance wire
in a thin bed of sand?

Dave

Use horse poop to provide the heat. It's free, and the carbon dioxide
produced will help the plants. Our combined goat and chicken house will
be heated with goat and chicken poop.

Ray Drouillard

Old 02-10-2004, 09:48 PM
Dave

"Ray Drouillard" wrote in message ...
"Dave" wrote in message
om...
I'm pondering what I might do to more efficiently heat my small
greenhouse to a minimal extent (40F). With the increase in the price
of natural gas I wonder if electric would be about the same? I also
want to consider assembling a table with a clear plastic cover to
contain the heat to a smaller area. Perhaps I could create a heated
table top? That would be useful next Spring. I suppose resistance wire
in a thin bed of sand?

Dave

Use horse poop to provide the heat. It's free, and the carbon dioxide
produced will help the plants. Our combined goat and chicken house will
be heated with goat and chicken poop.

Ray Drouillard

I've seen that mentioned but how much manure depth would actually be
required for decent results? Thanks.

Dave
Old 03-10-2004, 01:13 AM
Ray Drouillard

"Dave" wrote in message
om...
"Ray Drouillard" wrote in message

"Dave" wrote in message
om...
[...]

I haven't tried it yet, so I don't know offhand. You can probably find
plans for hothouses, though. Try looking on google.

Ray

Old 25-03-2011, 06:02 PM
Registered User

the alive adjustment requires electricity to operate, which can be costly, complicated and not absolutely eco-friendly in general. However, you cannot abatement the actuality that it can be acclimated during the harder winter months if the sun is boilerplate to be seen.
Pond Pumps
Old 11-05-2011, 10:45 PM
Registered User

There was a cilia on...rec.gardens, I think...a while aback on using a waterbed boiler to balmy a berry tray. There were several people who had approved it, I believe, but as well a brace of warnings about blaze hazards.
Hydroponic Gardening Benefits