GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   New to gardening please help (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/85421-new-gardening-please-help.html)

Tino 23-10-2004 10:07 PM

New to gardening please help

First time poster,

I would like to introduce myself, I am Tino and I will be setting up raised
beds, or I can do deep tilling, open to suggestions.

What is best bagged topsoil or a mix of the current soil and nutrients, I
assume it depends on what fruits/veggies I will be growing

The garden will be in a suburb of Houston, TX

What would be good edibles to grow here?

I would like to grow avocados as well, even if I had to bring the plants in
several times a year due to the cold.

Please be gentle as I am a newbie, but very eager to learn

Thanks in advance
Tino

Bill Litchfield 24-10-2004 12:05 AM

"Tino" wrote in message
First time poster,

I would like to introduce myself, I am Tino and I will be setting up
raised
beds, or I can do deep tilling, open to suggestions.

What is best bagged topsoil or a mix of the current soil and nutrients, I
assume it depends on what fruits/veggies I will be growing

The garden will be in a suburb of Houston, TX

What would be good edibles to grow here?

I would like to grow avocados as well, even if I had to bring the plants
in
several times a year due to the cold.

Please be gentle as I am a newbie, but very eager to learn

Thanks in advance
Tino

To really get off on a good footing, see http://davesgarden.com/index.php
Best garden site on the web in my opinion.

Regards,
Bill

Bunny 25-10-2004 07:04 PM

http://www.efn.org/~bsharvy/edible.html