GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   New gardener (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/85677-new-gardener.html)

Rosie 28-10-2004 02:49 PM

New gardener

Would you be interested in gardening in Ireland?

Bill 28-10-2004 06:52 PM

Rosie wrote:

Would you be interested in gardening in Ireland?

Yes, I'd love to hear about your experience.

Cheers,

The Hawke

shazzbat 29-10-2004 02:11 PM

"Rosie" wrote in message
om...
Would you be interested in gardening in Ireland?

Yes indeed. Although it is mostly home to US gardeners,many gardeners and
allotmenteers from UK and Eire also inhabit this NG. I would also recommend
subscribing to uk.rec.gardening, especially if you have any issues regarding
weather as ours is much different from conditions in many areas of US. They
have deserts you know :-))

There may also be NGs specific to Ireland, although I am not aware of any
personally.

Anyway, welcome board, and enjoy.

Steve.
Ferndown, Dorset
http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/steveandmaggiesplot

Claire Petersky 29-10-2004 02:53 PM

"shazzbat" wrote in message

I would also recommend
subscribing to uk.rec.gardening, especially if you have any issues

regarding
weather as ours is much different from conditions in many areas of US.

People in the Pacific Northwest have also been known to subscribe to
uk.rec.gardening, because of the similarities of climate.

--
Warm Regards,

Claire Petersky
Home of the meditative cyclist: