Old 05-11-2004, 06:20 PM
John Pecchillo

Default Any help with fig trees?

Hi all.....new here and am enjoying it so far.

I need some help with my fig trees. Grandpa is long gone and I need to get
these babies wrapped up for the winter. I'm tired of hoping that they're not
dead every spring. It would be nice to get some figs for a change, as the
winter has been killing off the producing branches.

I have 2 plants......one is old and one is 2 years new. I just want to know
the "proper" procedure for wrapping them. All I can remember from my
childhood days is tar paper and a paint bucket on top. I never stopped to
ask or watch what else occurred while I was not looking.

I'm on Long Island, NY....... I guess zone 6 on some maps. I'm near dead
center of the island, not near either shore.

John P.