GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   I eat the hedgehogs in my garden ! ! ! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/86534-i-eat-hedgehogs-my-garden.html)

Hans-Marc Olsen 17-11-2004 05:07 AM

I eat the hedgehogs in my garden ! ! !

They taste even better than the squirrels living on my trees !

Loki 18-11-2004 09:38 PM

il 16 Nov 2004 21:07:03 -0800, (Hans-Marc
Olsen) ha scritto:

They taste even better than the squirrels living on my trees !

I presume first you make sure they're free of the numerous diseases
they carry. Packing in clay and baking is the traditional method,
then the spines come out with the clay and the guts have shrivelled.
But since they're not a plant but an animal, try another group.

Oh, and don't eat the ones affected by snail bait.

Personally I prefer a nice cured bacon...
--
Cheers,

General Schvantzkoph 18-11-2004 09:49 PM

On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 21:07:03 -0800, Hans-Marc Olsen wrote:

They taste even better than the squirrels living on my trees !

How does Ellie Mae feel about you eating her critters?