GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   paprika (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/88540-paprika.html)

Sly boots 9 09-01-2005 07:41 PM

paprika

I bought some fresh paprika in Hungary. How long is it good for storage?

Boron Elgar 09-01-2005 08:21 PM

On 09 Jan 2005 19:41:02 GMT, (Sly boots 9) wrote:

I bought some fresh paprika in Hungary. How long is it good for storage?

Keep out only what you need within a month and keep the rest tightly
sealed in the freezer. If you have a Tilia or the like, you can vac
seal it to freeze.

What kind did you get? Sweet or hot? Were you in Budapest? Lovely
city, isn't it?

Boron

Penelope Periwinkle 09-01-2005 09:12 PM

wrote:

I bought some fresh paprika in Hungary. How long is it good for storage?

It's good, for certain values of good, almost indefinitely.
However, the flavor will start to fade, until it's no better than
that tasteless red stuff you can get in the local grocery stores.
I always thought paprika was just for decorating, not flavoring
food until I started growing my own. Wow, what a difference!

Penelope

"ElissaAnn"

Loki 10-01-2005 06:56 AM

il 09 Jan 2005 19:41:02 GMT, (Sly boots 9) ha
scritto:

I bought some fresh paprika in Hungary. How long is it good for storage?

Mine lasted a few years but then it went a horrible colour and lost
its flavour. So 1-3 years, depending on storage condtions.
--
Cheers,

Pig Brothel 12-01-2005 09:17 PM

no fear of overdose pesticide in hungary?

Pig Brothel 12-01-2005 09:17 PM