Old 23-01-2005, 08:42 PM
Rogerx

Default Peanuts! Where can I find Valencia peanut seed??

You would think with the internet you could find just about anything?

Valencia peanuts have been a big crop in New Mexico for many years,
And was at one time one of the favorite for boiling- -yes I said
"boiling". My two granddaughters 7 and 10, visit me here in Arkansas
from Georgia every July. Valencia peanuts, if planted early will be
mature enough for boiling in mid July and it is their delight. (mine
too).

Gee Haw! Know what that is, it's the way you talk to a horse. Gee is
right and Haw is left. I was just wondering how many of you have ever
plowed a garden or field with a horse, or mule. I have!

If you know where I can get any of these peanuts let me know, Thanks
Rogerx

Old 24-01-2005, 12:05 AM
GA Pinhead

Can they bring a 50 lb bag with them?

Here is a place to start:

http://southeastfarmpress.com/news/f...eties_feature/

I work the College of Ag at UGA, I can ask around or get you the peanut phd
contact info if you need it.

John!

Old 24-01-2005, 12:49 AM
Penelope Periwinkle

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 14:42:00 -0600, Rogerx
wrote:

Valencia Peanut Seeds

If you know where I can get any of these peanuts let me know, Thanks

None of these lists a web site, but they list different peanut
seed wholesalers. You might try calling some and seeing if
one of them can help you

http://www.floridaseed.org/peanutseed.html

Penelope

"ElissaAnn"
Old 24-01-2005, 12:38 PM
Rogerx

On Sun, 23 Jan 2005 19:05:45 -0500, "GA Pinhead"
wrote:

Can they bring a 50 lb bag with them?

Hi John, wish they could, but you are missing the point. The Culinary
Art of boiling peanuts, requires that the peanuts be green. Only in
recent years have people begun boiling dired ones, and of any
variety. When the tourist boom began after WWII in the South the
"Good Old Boys" figured out a way to make money year round off of
boiled peanuts. I know, I was there.

Here is a place to start:

http://southeastfarmpress.com/news/f...eties_feature/

Thank you for the link, it was very helpful .

Old 24-01-2005, 02:47 PM
GA Pinhead

I meant a bag of green ones. The guys on the side of the road get theirs
somewhere!

Personally, I can't stand them, but my wife loves them, slimy, salty...

Good Luck!

John!

Old 09-11-2005, 03:41 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogerx
You would think with the internet you could find just about anything?

Valencia peanuts have been a big crop in New Mexico for many years,
And was at one time one of the favorite for boiling- -yes I said
"boiling". My two granddaughters 7 and 10, visit me here in Arkansas
from Georgia every July. Valencia peanuts, if planted early will be
mature enough for boiling in mid July and it is their delight. (mine
too).

Gee Haw! Know what that is, it's the way you talk to a horse. Gee is
right and Haw is left. I was just wondering how many of you have ever
plowed a garden or field with a horse, or mule. I have!

If you know where I can get any of these peanuts let me know, Thanks
Rogerx
vALENCIA PEANUTS MAY BE FOUND AT canadianpeanuts.com
Old 28-11-2005, 05:11 AM
Registered User

Smile

sisterbarb vALENCIA PEANUTS MAY BE FOUND AT canadianpeanuts.com

hope this might help u some
http://www.cooperseeds.com/vegetables.php3?cat=Peanuts

http://www.sproutpeople.com/seed/nuts.html
good luck, sockiescat.