GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hemlock tea? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/90530-hemlock-tea.html)

JK 05-03-2005 08:42 PM

Hemlock tea?

Anyone else enjoy Hemlock tea?

I do. I picked some twigs today while snowshoeing and brewed up a pot.

What other trees / plants do you use to make tea with?

Jim
Maine

Gary Woods 05-03-2005 09:54 PM

"JK" jingome @ primedius.com wrote:

What other trees / plants do you use to make tea with?

Peppermint... I've got several big jars of it I dried late last summer.
Gave a plastic bag of it to some friends, who expressed concern at that it
looked like. My answer: "Just have the narcs smell it!"

David 05-03-2005 10:45 PM

JK wrote:

Anyone else enjoy Hemlock tea?

I do. I picked some twigs today while snowshoeing and brewed up a pot.

What other trees / plants do you use to make tea with?

Jim
Maine

Mints - several different kinds, and I usually throw whatever type I
have into a brown bag to dry - every mix is just a little different.

Antipodean Bucket Farmer 06-03-2005 03:48 AM

In article , "JK"
jingome @ primedius.com says...
Anyone else enjoy Hemlock tea?

I do. I picked some twigs today while snowshoeing and brewed up a pot.

What other trees / plants do you use to make tea with?

I am currently growing some Lemon Balm. When they seem
large enough (maybe a year old?), I plan on pulling
leaves for some tea.

--
Get Credit Where Credit Is Due
http://www.cardreport.com/

Ross Reid 06-03-2005 03:36 PM

"JK" jingome @ primedius.com wrote:

Anyone else enjoy Hemlock tea?

I do. I picked some twigs today while snowshoeing and brewed up a pot.

Not the same stuff as Socrates had for his last drink, I hope!
Ross.
To email, remove the "obvious" from my address.

Gary Woods 06-03-2005 04:05 PM

Ross Reid wrote:

Not the same stuff as Socrates had for his last drink, I hope!

A different critter altogether; low-growing herb thing vs. a tree.

Somewhat OT, from a talk by Dr. Joyce Brothers, quoting a school kid's
paper.

Socrates was a famous Greek philosopher.
He went around telling people exactly what he thought, and always telling
the truth.
The poisoned him.

Some things never change...