Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-03-2005, 07:17 PM

Default Where are diverse Bulk Seeds?

I'm looking for a big bucket filled with every seed that could possibly
grow into something edible in the North Eastern USA.

My goal is not to garden these plants, but to help them become wild. I
want to roam the local land, planting random seeds in areas where I
think they might flourish, and just let them be.

Diversity is very important. I don't want all lettuce, or all
tomatoes... I want the whole catalog.

Since only a fraction of those I plant might end up thriving, I don't
want to waste all of my money. That is why I'd like to find a cheap
source. Since I want huge diversity, it would take hours to click
through every item in an online store to 'add to basket'. I just want
someone to get a box, and start throwing in some of everything they
have that might grow here.

I've read about these heirloom seeds, or antique seeds. That sounds
very cool... but I imagine they are very expensive and you probably
can't get them in bulk. Am I wrong?

I'm hoping someone knows of a source for what I want. I probably don't
want to spend more than a few hundred dollars, and hopefully once they
are planted they will procreate in the wild so that the investment
grows.

Thank you