GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Temptation Corn (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/91963-temptation-corn.html)

FDR 05-04-2005 04:19 AM

Temptation Corn

Anyone grow Temptation Corn? Wondering if it's worth a try.

Thanks!

China 05-04-2005 09:08 AM

G'day,
Sounds tempting.
China
Wingham
NSW
065

[email protected] 07-04-2005 11:00 PM

http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/49850/index.html

It is a relatively small early bi-color. al ways worth trying once. I
have grown Quickie and it is fairly good for an early corn. Temptation
is designed for northern growers, so I have not been tempted.

FDR 08-04-2005 12:25 AM

wrote in message
oups.com...
http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/49850/index.html

It is a relatively small early bi-color. al ways worth trying once. I
have grown Quickie and it is fairly good for an early corn. Temptation
is designed for northern growers, so I have not been tempted.

Thanks. Yeah, I am in central NY so I was looking for something more suited
to the cooler region. The other one I was thinking of is Geronimo but I
can't did up anything else on it except what's in the Stokes catalog.

Pat Kiewicz 08-04-2005 11:40 AM

FDR said:

wrote in message
roups.com...
http://davesgarden.com/pf/go/49850/index.html

It is a relatively small early bi-color. al ways worth trying once. I
have grown Quickie and it is fairly good for an early corn. Temptation
is designed for northern growers, so I have not been tempted.

Thanks. Yeah, I am in central NY so I was looking for something more

suited
to the cooler region. The other one I was thinking of is Geronimo but I
can't did up anything else on it except what's in the Stokes catalog.

I"ve grown their Ivanhoe (similar days-to-harvest) and liked it a lot.

For a bicolor SE corn with a bit later harvest, it's be hard to beat
Lancelot!

I grow Seneca Dancer for a late harvest.

(While staggering planting times help to spread out the harvest, my
experience is that staggering planting times *and varieties* is much more
reliable. I start with a super-early variety and when it emerges, plant
a later variety, etc. on through to my longest days-to-harvest variety.)

(attributed to Don Marti)

FDR 08-04-2005 12:39 PM

"Pat Kiewicz" wrote in message
FDR said:

[...]