GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pink dogwood and Fruit trees (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/92090-pink-dogwood-fruit-trees.html)

Ed 07-04-2005 03:13 PM

Pink dogwood and Fruit trees

Hi everyone need some help. I have a couple pink dogwood trees and a
dwarf apple tree that is getting a white scaley type stuff on the bark.
Is this something I should be worried about ? Is there anything i can
do to get rid of it ? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Ed

sherwindu 08-04-2005 07:20 AM

Hi Ed,
Aside from looking bad, there may be nothing harmful in this growth. You
could
spray them with general purpose fungicide, like Captan. I sprayed my dwarf
apples
and dogwoods with lime-sulfer a few weeks ago, to get rid of a potential problem
had last year with leaves turning brown. It may also work for your problem.

Sherwin D.