GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Permanent mulching (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/92135-permanent-mulching.html)

Stuart Pedazzo 08-04-2005 04:14 PM

Permanent mulching

I have a raspberry bed that is approximately 45' x 20'. Is it wise to
put a more or less permanent mulch of landscape fabric and gravel in
the bed?

I have used newspaper and straw in the past.

Are there any drawbacks to using fabric and gravel?

Sincerely,

Stuart Pedazzo...but you can call me Stu!

simy1 10-04-2005 08:47 PM

not a good idea. The new canes need to be able to push through. Use
wood chips or leaves, and replenish as needed.