GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Smyrnium Olusatrum - Alexanders; how long to stratify? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/92219-smyrnium-olusatrum-alexanders%3B-how-long-stratify.html)

Garry Nixon 10-04-2005 10:36 AM

Smyrnium Olusatrum - Alexanders; how long to stratify?

The seed packet says 'requires a period of cold to germinate'. I'll be
stratifying them in the fridge, and wondered if anybody can advise: how
long for?

Thanks in advance. And yes, I know I'm late in starting to stratify -
that's another story.

Garry

--
blog: http://pigstyave.blogspot.com/

remove upper case to email me

Eva 11-04-2005 02:36 AM

Garry Nixon wrote:
The seed packet says 'requires a period of cold to germinate'. I'll

be
stratifying them in the fridge, and wondered if anybody can advise:

how
long for?

Thanks in advance. And yes, I know I'm late in starting to stratify

-
that's another story.

Garry

--
blog: http://pigstyave.blogspot.com/

remove upper case to email me

Hi Gary,
I would say it would need to germinate for 10 days

Eva.