Old 19-04-2005, 03:42 PM
Mitch@this_is_not_a_real_address.com

Default Question about cattle panel for tomatoes

I was going to set up 2 cattle panels (6' by 16') for the tomatoes to
climb. The length of my garden runs east-west.

How should I orient the panels so that everything gets the proper
sunlight, and the tomatoes won't shade the other rows?

I'm in Zone 5, btw...northwestern Illinois.

Old 17-05-2005, 03:49 AM
Glenna Rose

JeffreyThorns writes:
I was going to set up 2 cattle panels (6' by 16') for the tomatoes to
climb. The length of my garden runs east-west.

How should I orient the panels so that everything gets the proper
sunlight, and the tomatoes won't shade the other rows?

I'm in Zone 5, btw...northwestern Illinois.

I set mine up north/south so as to get any and all east and west sun.
Seems to work fine.

I also have one set up as an arbor, hoop, whatever one might call it.
Works great with Sun Golds, etc.

Glenna