GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Frost (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/93031-frost.html)

Mr. Greenleaf 25-04-2005 04:22 PM

Frost

So how many lost some Maters and, or Peppers due to the weather last night
in the South? Mostly speaking of South Carolina, North Carolina, and
Georgia. It didn't get as cool as they thought in Anderson, but it did reach
about 35 at daybreak but that was very short lived.

Mr. Greenleaf

Penelope Periwinkle 25-04-2005 10:06 PM

On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 11:22:26 -0400, "Mr. Greenleaf"
wrote:

So how many lost some Maters and, or Peppers due to the weather last night
in the South? Mostly speaking of South Carolina, North Carolina, and
Georgia. It didn't get as cool as they thought in Anderson, but it did reach
about 35 at daybreak but that was very short lived.

Anderson, SC?

That would be encouraging; you're further north than I am.

Penelope

--
Dinna let yer wind fly out
Nor flap 'n wave yer kilt about

Sammy Shuford \(Starship\) 26-04-2005 04:56 AM

My peppers and tomatoes looked fine, although the Morning Glories looked
sick this am, they recovered nicely.
Summerville, SC, it did get a good chill, but no frost.

Frank Thompson 26-04-2005 12:18 PM

Monday morning
35 on front porch....light frost on lawn...lost nothin..tomatoes,
squash, and corn were covered with with everything we could muster
except the kitchen stove

Frank
middle GA (Baldwin County)

wrote:

So how many lost some Maters and, or Peppers due to the weather last night
in the South? Mostly speaking of South Carolina, North Carolina, and
Georgia. It didn't get as cool as they thought in Anderson, but it did reach
about 35 at daybreak but that was very short lived.

Anderson, SC?

That would be encouraging; you're further north than I am.

Penelope

correct email is

[email protected] 03-05-2005 11:11 PM

You can add Missouri to your list. grrrrrrrrrrrrr

chula

Pat Kiewicz 04-05-2005 11:14 AM

said:

You can add Missouri to your list. grrrrrrrrrrrrr

Snow flurries on Monday and a FREEZE last night. I covered over my
fern-leaf peony (nearly ready to bloom) and my poppy (really big buds).
I know the garlic and leeks will be fine, hope the peas and onions will
manage, and expect the recently arrived perennials to do alright pushed
up against the house and covered with a lean-to.

In all the years I've lived here in SE Michigan, I don't ever remember snow
in May.

(attributed to Don Marti)