GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   pole bean, older leaves dried up and dieing (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/93129-pole-bean-older-leaves-dried-up-dieing.html)

Joe 28-04-2005 03:20 AM

pole bean, older leaves dried up and dieing

my brother called me today with an odd thing happening to his pole beans.
he told me that about 3 feet up a few of his pole bean plants have leaves
that are brown (dried out and crumbly) but the rest of the plant on up the
trellis is nice and green.

i can think of a few things but can't make a statement until i see the plant
myself (tomorrow)

any ideas??

Joe 29-04-2005 04:03 AM

Joe wrote:

my brother called me today with an odd thing happening to his pole beans.
he told me that about 3 feet up a few of his pole bean plants have leaves
that are brown (dried out and crumbly) but the rest of the plant on up the
trellis is nice and green.

i can think of a few things but can't make a statement until i see the
plant myself (tomorrow)

any ideas??

well, took a look at it today and it appears to be bean mosaic....sad but
true