Old 09-05-2005, 04:37 PM
aikidoka

Default Aleppo (Halaby) Pepper seeds?

Looking for a seed source. Or the exact latin name of the variety, my
google searches have been fruitless, pun intended.

thx!

Old 12-05-2005, 05:17 AM
Conor Redmond

aikidoka wrote:
Looking for a seed source. Or the exact latin name of the variety, my
google searches have been fruitless, pun intended.

thx!

It looks like the following person has some peppers for sale.

http://www.gardennut.com/plants/buy/viewAd.do?adId=20

I can't tell if it's seeds or starts.

I'm saving the seeds of my own three varieties of Pepper plants (sweet,
bell and hot) this season.
I should have plenty spare suitable for trade or send an SSAE.

Cheers
Conor
Old 12-05-2005, 01:38 PM
Penelope Periwinkle

On Wed, 11 May 2005 21:17:44 -0700, Conor Redmond
wrote:

I'm saving the seeds of my own three varieties of Pepper plants (sweet,
bell and hot) this season.
I should have plenty spare suitable for trade or send an SSAE.

So, what are you doing to insure seed purity?

I've bought a few pepper plants that I can't find seeds for, and I was
thinking of trying to save my own seeds. Peppers cross-pollinate so
easily, though. There is a man on an email list I'm on who has some
excellent suggestions that I'm going to try. He raises a lot of rare
_Capsicum _ species, and has a lot of experience preventing
cross-pollination.

He suggested using mosquito netting from an Army/Navy surplus store
to put around the branches, then giving the plants a good shake
everyday so that they'll pollinate themselves.

Penelope

Pepper saga.......... Pepper expert anyone? Marie Dodge Gardening 46 31-08-2008 06:39 AM
Pepper Pepper who's got the Pepper? Dan L. Gardening 2 04-04-2007 07:32 PM
Aleppo pepper seed Darwin Vander Stelt Edible Gardening 2 07-06-2005 09:27 PM
Aleppo Pine Iris Cohen Gardening 1 02-03-2003 02:51 PM
Aleppo Pine & Myrtle Iris Cohen Bonsai 0 28-01-2003 03:37 AM