GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Re(2): How much 3rd yr. asparagus should I harvest? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/94219-re-2-how-much-3rd-yr-asparagus-should-i-harvest.html)

Glenna Rose 17-05-2005 03:37 AM

Re(2): How much 3rd yr. asparagus should I harvest?

writes:
[snip]
Grilled and drizzled with butter and fresh lemon juice and some sea
salt is my preferred method, providing I can get them from the garden to
the
kitchen without eating them raw.
Thomas

After hearing for years that roasted asparagus was lucious, I tried it, it
is. Too bad I didn't try it years ago, but I just didn't want to "waste"
any when steamed was so good. So glad to finally try it.

However, I don't always want to have the oven going, especially if it's
just for asparagus so I tried it in the microwave, prepared the same way.

A bit of salt over the asparagus, drizzle a *good* olive oil over it.
Cook, covered, 3-6 minutes (depending on your microwave strength/heat).

So very, very lucious!

Glenna