Old 09-02-2003, 04:37 PM
Jane

Default strwberry tower?

Hi,
Has anyone had experience with a strawberry tower? I found one in a
catalogue that is made of coated wire and cocomatting with holes for
planting 25 strawberries upright. I've no room for a strawberry patch but
this looked interesting to me.
Thanks,

Jane

Old 09-02-2003, 04:37 PM
David Ledger

Strawberry towers are great in a small garden but be careful on the choice
of plants water well and often feed every two weeks with a liquid feed low
nitrogen

David

Old 12-02-2003, 06:25 PM
Keith Karausky

Has anybody tried the growing bags? Parks has a special for $9.99, two growing
bags and 25 plants.
Thought I might hang them on our fence.
Old 12-02-2003, 06:55 PM
Mary McHugh

Keith Karausky wrote:

Has anybody tried the growing bags? Parks has a special for $9.99, two growing
bags and 25 plants.
Thought I might hang them on our fence.

I was wondering too. Sounds like a good idea. I have plenty of room but lots of
pests too so I thought it'd be easier to grow them from the bag.

Mary

Old 20-02-2003, 12:51 PM
BBaCCg

Has anybody tried the growing bags? Parks has a special for $9.99, two
growing
bags and 25 plants.
Thought I might hang them on our fence.

Their web site shows 50 plants 4 gro bags for $9.99.
Has anybody used them?
Old 21-02-2003, 09:39 PM
Tim B

One caution that's been heard here lately is that they don't overwinter. So
you're always dealing with first year berries. So no junebearers. I
suppose you could find a way to lay them flat in the fall and put straw
over, but I'm not sure.