Old 31-05-2005, 03:27 AM
BenGman

Default Black spots everywhere!

I am getting black spots on my leaves ALL OVER my garden! Is this leaf
spot (or black spot)? if it is, how can i get rid of it?

Old 31-05-2005, 01:29 PM
Dwayne

Maybe you are watering too much, or aren't getting enough air circulation.
Without knowing exactly what they are it is hard to say, but assuming it is
caused buy a fungus, I would try to dry it out some. Other than that, I
would take some to an extension agent and have them give me an analysis and
suggested treatment.

Dwayne
oups.com...

Old 31-05-2005, 03:40 PM
Penelope Periwinkle

On 30 May 2005 19:27:40 -0700, "BenGman" wrote:

I am getting black spots on my leaves ALL OVER my garden! Is this leaf
spot (or black spot)? if it is, how can i get rid of it?

Google on "black spot" and look at the pictures. Make sure that's what
the problem is.

What plants are being affected, edible or ornamental? Some treatments
for ornamentals aren't suitable for edibles. Since you asked about
tomatoes below, here's a good site.

http://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/t...ver/index.html

Penelope

Old 01-06-2005, 06:37 AM
BenGman

I have these black spots on my vegetables, especially tomatoes and
squashes

Old 01-06-2005, 11:13 AM
Pat Kiewicz

BenGman said:

I have these black spots on my vegetables, especially tomatoes and
squashes

Small black/dark spots, mostly on tender young growth? Could be the
four-lined plant bug.

Just noticed some damage out in my garden the other day.

http://www.vegedge.umn.edu/vegpest/cucs/4line.htm

"The spot damage inflicted by four-lined plant bugs may be misidentified
as fungal disease spots because of their comparable appearances. The
agility of this bug contributes to this misidentification because when
disturbed, the four-lined plant bug will drop to the ground or will hide
and is therefore rarely seen. In addition, when the damaged portion of
the leaf fall out, a shot hole will remain that looks similar to fungal
disease."

(attributed to Don Marti)