Old 07-06-2005, 12:49 PM
GCB

Default Pattipan Squash

Hi all,

Anyone know where we can buy some Pattipan Squash seeds ? We had great
success with them last year, and they are delicious, but they seem to be
very hard to find this year. I have done some Internet searches for a
retailer that might carry them, to no avail.

Any suggestions for an outlet that might carry them would be much
appreciated.

Thanks,

Gerry & Maggie

Old 07-06-2005, 09:20 PM
Penelope Periwinkle

On Tue, 7 Jun 2005 07:49:41 -0400, "GCB" wrote:

Hi all,

Anyone know where we can buy some Pattipan Squash seeds ? We had great
success with them last year, and they are delicious, but they seem to be
very hard to find this year. I have done some Internet searches for a
retailer that might carry them, to no avail.

http://www.yankeeharvest.com/Merchan...t_Code=HSV2087

http://www.southernexposure.com/prod...ods/53103.html

http://stonebrothers.com/products.ph...penparent=1107

Google for Early White Bush Scallop, and you get bunches of hits.

The only one of the above three that I have ordered from is #2,
Southern Exposure Seed Exchange, and they have always given excellent
service.

Penelope

Old 11-06-2005, 06:57 PM
Diane McGill

GCB wrote:
Hi all,

Anyone know where we can buy some Pattipan Squash seeds ? We had great
success with them last year, and they are delicious, but they seem to be
very hard to find this year. I have done some Internet searches for a
retailer that might carry them, to no avail.

Any suggestions for an outlet that might carry them would be much
appreciated.

Thanks,

Gerry & Maggie

I saw the seeds at Wal-Mart.

Diane M
Old 12-06-2005, 09:18 PM
Registered User

Location: Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCB
Hi all,

Anyone know where we can buy some Pattipan Squash seeds ? We had great
success with them last year, and they are delicious, but they seem to be
very hard to find this year. I have done some Internet searches for a
retailer that might carry them, to no avail.

Any suggestions for an outlet that might carry them would be much
appreciated.

Thanks,

Gerry & Maggie

There is a local Feed and seed store here in my town that had a lot of them last year. I went to buy Butternut squash seeds and ended up with pattypan. A frined of mine bought another kind of squash seed from them and ended up with pattypan too. Maybe they made the shortage
Old 13-06-2005, 12:05 PM
The Cook

"GCB" wrote:

Hi all,

Anyone know where we can buy some Pattipan Squash seeds ? We had great
success with them last year, and they are delicious, but they seem to be
very hard to find this year. I have done some Internet searches for a
retailer that might carry them, to no avail.

Any suggestions for an outlet that might carry them would be much
appreciated.

Thanks,

Gerry & Maggie

Search for Scallop squash. Pinetree Gardens has a yellow one.
http://www.superseeds.com/vegr-s.htm

BTW most vegetable seeds last several years. Don't toss them at the
end of the first year.

--
Susan N.

"Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral, 48 percent indignation, and 50 percent envy."

Old 13-07-2005, 04:03 AM
GarlandGrower

"GCB" wrote in message
Hi all,

Anyone know where we can buy some Pattipan Squash seeds ? ..."

Stokes Seeds www.stokesseeds.com
Territorial Seed Company Do a search
Stoke Seeds are the best. I bought "orange sunshine squash" from them and
one plant produced about 15 large turban style squash, excellent flavor.
Both of these seed companies have EVERYTHING you could ever be looking for
and Stokes has commercial grower type culture info. Liked that.

Are there virus resistant squash seeds? Virus killing my squash! goldtech Gardening 10 12-04-2013 01:16 PM
Butternut Squash Natalie United Kingdom 30 17-05-2003 10:44 AM
Squash growing Jayne Edible Gardening 6 10-05-2003 06:32 PM
Maclura pomifera (osage orange) dispersal (was squash dispersal) David Hershey Plant Science 0 26-04-2003 01:22 PM
squash dispersal Monique Reed Plant Science 0 26-04-2003 01:22 PM