GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   FLOWERING EARLY (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/edible-gardening/95714-flowering-early.html)

Z Z 11-06-2005 03:42 PM

FLOWERING EARLY

MY TOMATOES, PEPPERS & EGG PLANTS ARE ABOUT 8" & ALLREADY FLOWERING
SHOULD I LEAVE THEM ALONE OR PINCH THE FLOWERS OFF IN HOPES TO COME BACK
IN A FEW WEEKS WHEN THE PLANTS ARE BIGGER?
ZZ

The Cook 11-06-2005 04:08 PM

(Z Z) wrote:

MY TOMATOES, PEPPERS & EGG PLANTS ARE ABOUT 8" & ALLREADY FLOWERING
SHOULD I LEAVE THEM ALONE OR PINCH THE FLOWERS OFF IN HOPES TO COME BACK
IN A FEW WEEKS WHEN THE PLANTS ARE BIGGER?
ZZ

Mother Nature takes care of all of that. If the plants are mature
enough to produce fruit, the blossoms will set fruit. If not, the
blossoms drop.
--
Susan N.

"Moral indignation is in most cases two percent moral, 48 percent indignation, and 50 percent envy."

DigitalVinyl 12-06-2005 02:17 AM

(Z Z) wrote:

MY TOMATOES, PEPPERS & EGG PLANTS ARE ABOUT 8" & ALLREADY FLOWERING
SHOULD I LEAVE THEM ALONE OR PINCH THE FLOWERS OFF IN HOPES TO COME BACK
IN A FEW WEEKS WHEN THE PLANTS ARE BIGGER?
ZZ

If you are in the NorthEast's heatwave that may be a contributing
factor. The plants think it is july-august and time to reproduce or
die with the coming fall. I've seen quite a few flowers tomatoes and
pepper at the stores.

DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
3rd year gardener
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/royalf...=/2055&.src=ph

Maryc 12-06-2005 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Z Z
MY TOMATOES, PEPPERS & EGG PLANTS ARE ABOUT 8" & ALLREADY FLOWERING
SHOULD I LEAVE THEM ALONE OR PINCH THE FLOWERS OFF IN HOPES TO COME BACK
IN A FEW WEEKS WHEN THE PLANTS ARE BIGGER?
ZZ

I have never pinched off the flowers and the plants get pleanty big enough by the time there are fruits on the vine!