Old 13-06-2005, 06:05 AM
Prasad

Default Pomegranate - Lot of Fruits - No Flowers - Please help....

Greeting !

I moved into my new home a couple of years ago in San Francisco Bay
Area. I have two Pomegranate trees about 8-10 feet tall in my back
yard. There bear a lot of flowers in spring, but no fruits. All the
flowers drop towards the end of spring. Any help on these is
appreciated...

1. Are there any promogranate varieties which grow 8-10 feet, that do
not give fruits ? (If so, I will give up worrying about fruits.)

2. Is there something that can be done to get fruits ?

Appreciate your and comments...

Thanks & Regards,
Luxme.

Old 15-06-2005, 03:10 AM
Steve

Sorry, I don't know any details of Pomegranate culture.
I must say, the way you worded the subject, I was too curious to pass
this one by.

Steve

Old 15-06-2005, 03:19 AM
simy1

not hot enough? they need temps in the 90s.

Old 21-06-2005, 02:39 AM
John Savage

"Prasad" writes:
I moved into my new home a couple of years ago in San Francisco Bay
Area. I have two Pomegranate trees about 8-10 feet tall in my back
yard. There bear a lot of flowers in spring, but no fruits. All the
flowers drop towards the end of spring. Any help on these is
appreciated...

Maybe you don't have many bees around to carry out the pollination, at
least not at the time the plants are in bloom. If you had only one tree
I would have also wondered whether you need a second one for fertilisation
but since you have two trees there is probably no problem there.

Your subject line had me very puzzled ....

Old 26-06-2005, 12:36 AM
Thomas H. O'Reilly

Sounds like you're missing the bees to me too. If you contact the local
extension office they might be able to reveal more, especially if other
growers have the same problem. T

oups.com...