Old 10-03-2003, 11:08 PM
Schmuck

Default Seven Biggest Cat Boxes in the County

Minteeleaf wrote in message ...
A blast of cold water smack in the face.
My neighbor lets his cats run loose & they love to dig up my
container garden. Each time I catch them, I blast them with cold
water. After several hard-pressured blasts, they stayed away
last summer.

Now spring is coming. This time, I plan to set out poison.
If the jerk won't control his cats, oh well. It's the cats
or the veggies I worked hard to grow, & I don't like cats
in any event. I want & need the veggies. Cat stew is also an
option. I've had it with this irresponsible cat owner.

Minteeleaf, not gonna take it anymore.

Minteeleaf,

First.. there is no such thing as a cat owner. Cats own themselves and
******** to everybody else.

As much as I dislike cats, I do feel that you should tell this guy
thatyou are laying down poison before you do it... even if the only
reason is to avoid getting the hairs sued off your butt. Tell him that
you have a raccoon problem or something... and that as you have seen
his cat in your garden, you only think it fair to advise him that it
is at risk of imminent, prolonged and painful death.

Don't mention how much pleasure this would give you.

Do put it in writing and keep a copy.

I had a dog poisoned once by some neighbors who decided that they
didn't like the barking during the day. We were unaware that there was
a problem until she suffered cronic liver failure. If they'd told us
it was a problem we could have looked at fixing the situation rather
than ending up with a mortal enemy on the other side of the fence.

We got our own back by getting friends in the local council to
redirect the new sewer system through his carefully tended back
garden. He keeled over from a heart attack shortly after. Hopefully my
dog bit him the moment he walked through the pearly gates.

Matt
Old 10-03-2003, 11:44 PM
zxcvbob

Schmuck wrote:

[...]

I don't like my neighbor's half a dozen cats running loose and crapping in
my flowerbeds, BUT, there has been a dramatic decrease in the number of
rabbits in my garden, and the rabbits were a much bigger problem.

It makes it a lot easier to tolerate all the cats.

BTW, I don't hate cats; I have one myself.

Best regards,
Bob

--
Have a Windows® computer that is powered on for hours at a time? Join the
search for a cure for cancer: http://grid.org/projects/cancer/
Old 11-03-2003, 03:08 AM
Anonymo421

As much as I dislike cats, I do feel that you should tell this guy
thatyou are laying down poison before you do it... even if the only
reason is to avoid getting the hairs sued off your butt.

I think telling him you're setting out poison is just asking to be harassed.
It is a well known fact, however, that animals enjoy the sweet taste of
antifreeze (which is fatal). Now, old radiator hoses have been known to leak
and tragic accidents have happened when el gato stumbled across the delicious
puddle. This is why certain old cranks have learned to set a saucer of
antifreeze out along problem feline paths--nothing suspicious about a cat
sucking up some spilled antifreeze. I'm not advocating anyone doing this, but
it is one method I've heard of. I don't need to tell you about the danger to
any small children in the area. If hosing doesn't work, I would simply catch
it in a live trap, drive it about 100 miles away, and dump it somewhere.

--
The US government wants the power to read citizens' email, but refuses to
defend the nation's borders. What's wrong with this picture?
Old 11-03-2003, 03:20 AM
zxcvbob

More than likely you will accidently poison your own dog this way. Dogs
like sweets. I don't think cats do.

If you're gonna kill something, have the balls to do it humanely and
then take the consequences.

What a loser:

Old 11-03-2003, 06:44 AM
John

Put some ibuprofen in a can of tuna. The cats will be pushing daises shortly
there after. BTW, I HATE cats. Whenever my wife isn't looking, I lock it up
in the dog kennel. The dogs go crazy. It's great to get him drunk, too. He
loves Baileys more than I do. If you cut the whiskers off, they think they
can fit through holes smaller than they are. Smoke some weed, and watch your
cat run into walls. You'll **** yourself.

Old 11-03-2003, 07:56 AM
Anonymo421

More than likely you will accidently poison your own dog this way. Dogs
like sweets. I don't think cats do.

Why would anyone leave poison out where their dog would have access? And yes,
many cats will eat sweets; mine liked ice cream.

If you're gonna kill something, have the balls to do it humanely and
then take the consequences.

And what would be a "humane" way to kill a problem cat? Blow a hole in it?
Club it? I don't the local vet will help you euthanize someone else's animal.
As I said, I would just take it somewhere else and drop it off, not poison it.
But only a fool would take your advice and admit to killing a problem animal.
The poster still has to live in the neighborhood--he just wants to be
permanently rid of a nuisance, not start a feud. If you're going to allow your
animals to enter other people's property and cause damage, then perhaps you
should consider taking responsibility for what happens to them.

What a loser:

Wow, I haven't seen wit like that since high school....

Old 18-03-2003, 11:56 AM
brian

I want to thank everyone for thier suggestions to a solution to my cat
problem.

I tried lemon peels (someone suggested orange peels. I used lemons
because I have a lemon tree in the yard and 99% of them go to waste
anyways - does this make a difference?) and they didn't have any
effect. Maybe I didn't use enough. I just cut up a bunch of peels into
maybe 1 x 2 inch pieces and scattered them around. Maybe 1 every foot
or so.

I tried black pepper because I happened to have some, but this didn't
deter her either.

My next step is to try chyenne pepper. I know I said I didn't want to
use this for fear of her gouging out her own eyes, but I'm getting
desperate and I really can't imagine her doing that.

If this doesn't work, I'm gonna break down and build a fence. I know I
said I was too lazy for a fence, but she dug up another batch of seeds
and has really cheesed me off.

Anyways, the local hardware store has some fencing stuff on the cheap
that looks both durable and really easy to install.

My new question is about the fence. The one in question is two feet
tall. I recall reading (perhaps in this thread) that cats don't like
jumping over things. They'll jump up onto things and jump off things,
but not over things. Will two feet be tall enough? She's definately
what I call a "happy" cat (i.e. well fed) and can't get out of the
back yard without the gate being open. Any taller than two feet, and I
won't be able to get over it (I'm a bit "happy" myself).

Thanks again,

b.
Old 22-03-2003, 08:20 AM
mdk-bill

Glenna Rose wrote:

Glenna, Why don't you ever seem to post with the rest of a message thread?
Why do you always start a fresh one to respond? Just hit "reply" and your
response will stay with the others ... where, by courteousy, it belongs.

--
Do not respond to the email address above. It is a fake.