Old 19-07-2005, 04:02 PM
FDR

Default Strawberry problem

My strawberry patch did very poorly this year. Small fruits, and some
die-off after it appeared there was some rust. Last year they did somewhat
better. The varieties are Honeyoe and Tristar (or Tribute, forgot)

Anway, I was either

A) renovate the soil, and replant, possibly in smaller amounts

B) Place them in strawberry pots

Other than cost, do pots have any other disadvantages? Being susceptible to
the freezing perhaps?

Would yields be better? I would think that runners would be easier to take
care of, and you wouldn't need straw. Also, picking woukd be easier.

Anyone with experience about this?

Thanks!s

Old 23-07-2005, 11:40 AM
Dwayne

Did they get enough water? While mine were producing, I had to water them
every other day. You can put them in pots, but I think that is just a
novelty. I have never seen any that produced enough to brag about. I would
leave them alone, and next spring before they come back up, put some
fertilizer down. Some years the weather causes almost anything to not grow
like it was intended.

Dwayne