GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Going to try REAL plants...again (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/100565-going-try-real-plants-again.html)

Timcat 27-07-2005 04:09 PM

Going to try REAL plants...again

Hi all,
I never had good luck with live plants in the past. I'm getting ready to
set up my tanks again after a long (too long) break for school, moving, etc.
I want to do this the right way from the start, so...what are some good
books/resources for a plant newbie like me that covers water chemistry
requirements, temperature, difficulty, etc?
I plan on having a planted 40 gal stretch hex and a planted brackish 29 gal.

Thanks,
Tim