Old 14-08-2005, 03:43 PM
Dan White

Default Plant Tank vs. Fish Tank

Hi. I have plenty of experience with maintaining a regular planted tank
with fish, with the emphasis being on the fish. I was considering to set up
a small tank at my store, but it would have to be relatively low
maintenance, maybe 1/2 hour or so per week plus a little bit of messing with
it here and there during the week.

I am very intrigued with the planted tanks that are amazing works of art
with just the plants and some little fish to provide a good ecosystem for
the plants. I know there are special substrates and lighting requirements,
etc.. What do you think? Is this kind of tank really pretty low
maintenance? I was thinking something like a 15 gallon, 20 gallon max.

Can anybody suggest a good website that goes over the requirements of
setting a nice planted tank?

thanks,
dwhite