GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hornwort finally growing good in one of my tanks.... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/101407-hornwort-finally-growing-good-one-my-tanks.html)

Daniel Morrow 15-08-2005 09:54 PM

Hornwort finally growing good in one of my tanks....

Hornwort (I put a small sprig in my silver dollar tank) is growing great in
my silver dollar tank and I look forward to it continuing. I must say - I
get different results from different size tanks. My bedroom tank barely
grows any hornwort for example and with that very same tank it collects
nitrate for some reason and I perform what would otherwise be unnecessary
water changes to control it plus my bedroom tank stays incredibly low on
carbonate hardness (kh) even though I have a good supply of aragonite in the
form of carib sea Bermuda pink substrate in the canister filter. General
hardness is way up but not kh....Hmmm shakes head and says to himself -
"what ever dude". Summary - hornwort grows great in my big tank but not in
my much smaller tank. Later all!