Old 16-08-2005, 03:45 PM
Mr. Zee

Default Giant Hairgrass Problem

Hi Folks:

I have a problem keeping this plant. I've bought it twice at my LFS.
My water is about 3 DH, and 3 GH, pH 6.7, 10 ppm Nitrates,.80 F. I
fertilize with trace, Excel, and other Seachem products. 2.4 watts/gallon
55 gallon tank. I'd love to keep it but w/in a couple of days the narrow
leaves start turning brown from the top on down. Perhaps I should trim it
first before planting and let it grow back?

Another quick question please: Which is better for a warm water tank:
Vallisneria or Sagittaria? Thanks for the help!

Old 17-08-2005, 05:42 AM
Elaine T

Mr. Zee wrote:
Hi Folks:

I have a problem keeping this plant. I've bought it twice at my LFS.
My water is about 3 DH, and 3 GH, pH 6.7, 10 ppm Nitrates,.80 F. I
fertilize with trace, Excel, and other Seachem products. 2.4 watts/gallon
55 gallon tank. I'd love to keep it but w/in a couple of days the narrow
leaves start turning brown from the top on down. Perhaps I should trim it
first before planting and let it grow back?

Another quick question please: Which is better for a warm water tank:
Vallisneria or Sagittaria? Thanks for the help!

Val. Sagittaria hates warm water. Just ask mine!

--
Elaine T __
http://eethomp.com/fish.html '__