GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   I finally got my PH Controller but... (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/freshwater-aquaria-plants/101522-i-finally-got-my-ph-controller-but.html)

Justin 18-08-2005 04:14 PM

I finally got my PH Controller but...

Hi all,

I finally purchased my PH controller, well, I won it on ebay... I have the
Dupla PH Control Alpha (regratably I only found the australian milwaukee
stockist 2 days ago and could have got a similar product for AU$200
cheaper...) However, my question is re the probes... The PH probe has
spent 3 weeks in a contrainer getting from germany to Australia and is not
functioning at it best... I have read that they need to be stored in KCL...
It is giving me correct readings but is slow to respond, so I need to
purchase a new one...

I was wondering if anyone could please give me a crash course in PH
Probes...? All glass vs glass tip, double junction gel filled vs standard
gel filled, refillable vs non-refillable etc...

Also, if anyone could tell me if you need the specifie dupla probe or just
any probe that has a BNC connector??

thanks in advance.

Justin.