Old 03-09-2005, 10:10 PM
Andrzej Konarski

Default My own pmdd...

I make my own pmdd.
I use
k2so4,kno3,h3bo3,Mo,chelated fe,mn,zn,cu.
To increase durability i use 1 ml hcl in 0,5l water.
But i must store my fertilizer in the Fridge.
Witch substance conserve can i use to increase timing of live my pmdd?
Can be e 211(Sodium benzoate) ???
Witch regulator of acidity can i use to hold in start of adding components
solid(permanent) Ph ???
I think this regulator should adjust ph in 5 or 6 because i have my chelated
components compleXed by edta and dtpa and higher ph as 6,5 can destroy my
compleXes.

In my country nobody now this.Please helep me if you now witch can i add.
SORY for my english.
Andrew Konarski

Old 04-09-2005, 01:22 AM
Justin

Hi,

I myself don't know how to conserve PMDD, but this is a copy of an extract
from www.thekrib.com regarding storing PMDD

Unmixed PMDD constituents are stable enough. The chelated trace mix should
be kept dark, dry and not unduly hot.

Some have noticed mixed PMDD will degrade over time and even develop mold.
Things that will help:

a.. Put your PMDD in a dark brown or opaque bottle (I use well rinsed
glass cough syrup bottles). Light can destablize chelates.
b.. I refrigerate my main stock (mark it well so someone doesn't take a
swig) and leave a small 25ml bottle by the aquarium for convenience.
c.. Since dry ingredients are more stable, only mix up a few month's worth
of PMDD at a time.
d.. Kevin Conlin adds a little HCL to the brew; (about 0.8ml 9M
HCl/500ml). Never tried it myself.
Hope this helps.

Jusitn.

Old 04-09-2005, 08:18 AM
Andrzej Konarski

I myself don't know how to conserve PMDD, but this is a copy of an extract
from www.thekrib.com regarding storing PMDD

Unmixed PMDD constituents are stable enough. The chelated trace mix should
be kept dark, dry and not unduly hot.

Some have noticed mixed PMDD will degrade over time and even develop mold.
Things that will help:

a.. Put your PMDD in a dark brown or opaque bottle (I use well rinsed
glass cough syrup bottles). Light can destablize chelates.
b.. I refrigerate my main stock (mark it well so someone doesn't take a
swig) and leave a small 25ml bottle by the aquarium for convenience.
c.. Since dry ingredients are more stable, only mix up a few month's
worth of PMDD at a time.
d.. Kevin Conlin adds a little HCL to the brew; (about 0.8ml 9M
HCl/500ml). Never tried it myself.
Hope this helps.

Yes i use hcl .I add 1ml for a 500ml water and a keep this in e fridge but i
dont use dark bottle.I try THX