Old 05-09-2005, 10:54 PM
Dan

Default Roots growing off of plants

Is this normal? My plants are growing roots off of the leaves and it
appears they are trying to get to the substrate. Is that okay or is there a
problem?

Dan

Old 08-09-2005, 03:07 AM
Robert Flory

"Dan" wrote in message
Is this normal? My plants are growing roots off of the leaves and it
appears they are trying to get to the substrate. Is that okay or is there
a problem?

Dan

Normal for lots of plants

Bob

Old 08-09-2005, 07:19 AM
KStringer

Yup, it's pretty normal. I have several Ludwegia Repens plants and they
have dozens of roots coming off the stem and leaf stems. Be happy, it's
a sign of good growth :-)

Old 08-09-2005, 06:50 PM
Dan

Thanks:
I am new at this so I ask interesting questions.

Dan

Old 19-09-2005, 04:27 PM
dc

"Dan" wrote in
:

Is this normal? My plants are growing roots off of the leaves and it
appears they are trying to get to the substrate. Is that okay or is
there a problem?

It's normal, but it could be a sign that conditions are less than ideal.
Cabomba for instance will drop roots all over the place if it isn't being
pruned enough and the bottom portions of the plant isn't receiving enough
light.

If your plants look the way you want otherwise, don't worry about it. Any
growth is good growth.