Old 12-09-2005, 09:24 PM
Nikki Casali

Default Effervescent aquarium

It's fertiliser day today for my aquarium. The once a week routine where
I dose all my aquariums with enough nutrients to last a week. What the
.....!!!! I give my 300L aquarium a double take. I've never seen it so
saturated with bubbles. I mean it looks like I had filled the aquarium
with mineral water. All the stems of my large Amazon Sword are
completely covered in miniscule bubbles. Below the Sword is a Java Fern
that seems today to be chucking out microscopic bubbles at an incredible
rate. Other plants seem to be at the frenzy also. It's fertiliser day
today, they should be low on nutrients. Checking CO2 levels, they are
normal, 25 ppm. Checking O2 levels, my O2 meter flashes a "warning" that
levels are over its maximum reading range. O2 is 10.9 ppm. Dissolved
O2 levels are 140%. Well, not really. The 40% is what I can see and the
100% is invisibly dissolved. What did I do right? Is this safe for fish?
A beautiful sight nevertheless!

Nikki