Old 15-09-2005, 07:31 AM
Logic316

Default where is everyone?

Brian wrote:
Is it just me, or has traffic on the planted aquaria newsgroup taken a
dive? I thought this was one of the more-heavily trafficked aquaria
groups...

I haven't been here long enough to notice the difference, but perhaps
its due to the general trend of the web slowly but surely stealing
traffic from usenet :-/

- Logic316

"Conservative: a statesman who is enamoured of existing evils, as
distinguished from the Liberal, who wishes to replace them with new ones."

Old 15-09-2005, 07:44 AM
bassett

I,m still here "petal"
Love allways bassett

"Brian" wrote in message
Is it just me, or has traffic on the planted aquaria newsgroup taken a
dive? I thought this was one of the more-heavily trafficked aquaria
groups...

Brian Heller

It is easier to tame wild beasts
than to conquer the human mind.

Old 15-09-2005, 08:35 AM
Dr.

"Dogma Discharge" wrote in message

Exactly, I think forums are taking over.

How anyone could like a web interface more than their newsreader....

I haven't been around all that long... though it seems like a good
population of knowledgeable folks hang out here that know their hobby well,
and don't mind sharing their experience with those who are eager to learn
from it.

Even if it's not the busiest place... still it beats anything esle I've
stumbled across so far.

Gary

Old 17-09-2005, 07:04 AM
JTravis1973

I remember there being a lot of folks for a while a few years back.
Seems to me this is more efficient than forums just due to the lack of
graphics. I like not having to refresh the page and letting the program
do its job. Many of the net newbies don't even know about usenet
anymore. That's kind of like folks using instant messaging because they
do not realize that Internet Relay Chat is out there.
Justin
Lovingoton, NM